CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"Snow" Many Names for Nouns and Numbers

I've gotten so many great ideas from all of you that I wanted to share, as well. I did a whole group lesson first by sorting nouns into categories. Then, we cut out a pair of skates (black for boys; white for girls), put one category on each side and glued the winter words under the appropriate category. I have to scan the skate pattern and will post that later. I'm going to try to post the winter word cards and student version right now. For the math activity, I wrote a number inside a snowflake. Then, the kids had to write addition and subtraction facts that named that number. I made a giant snowflake and laminated it. I did a whole group lesson, first using dry-erase markers. I will post a photo of the final student copy. Didn't take a photo of the big snowflake, though. I don't really know what I'm doing. Hopefully, I'll figure it out! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment